Wednesday, July 15, 2009

HOWARD TANGYE






Howard Tangye is an amazing fashion illustrator from Australia. He studied at St. Martins School of Art and then went on to Parson's School of Design where he specialized in drawing.

Tangye says he places importance on the body and how it moves in his drawings. He does the same for his fashion designs as well, wanting the line "to flow."

Like any creative form of expression that needs nurturing, Tangye says he is always drawing.

"I draw for myself and if I am not doing it physically, I am mentally casting a line. It's demanding and not always a happy experience. It's a bit like falling in love, but unrequited."

I believe sharing one's art is a selfless act, as it brings joy to those who happen upon it and fall in love with it.

Check out more of Howard's beautiful images at here.