Friday, May 28, 2010

CUT LIKE A BUFFALO


















ALISON MOSSHART

I've been meaning to do a post on this bad-ass bitch ever since I saw The Dead Weather a few weeks ago. As a long time fan of The Kills and all-things Jack White, seeing Alison and Jack combine forces on the stage was an INSANE experience for me! Alison rocked out harder than any chick I have ever seen and I was instantly mesmerized by every move she made. Besides being an amazing rocker and getting to chill with Jack White all day, Alison also has the perfect rocker style I so much adore.

Excerpt from an interview with Alison by Jen Hanley for Urban Outfitters:

"It's been said time and time again,
but what does she really think of being called a Fashion Icon?"

"I think it's interesting considering how kind of unfashionable I probably am," she[Alison] says. "But I think it's kind of cool and sort of ironic. I do wear the same stuff over and over again and I don't really go out of my way to buy expensive clothes or know what's happening. It's not a terrible message to send to people. Style for me always comes from people who are doing things that have nothing to do with the fashion world, they're usually artists or painters or musicians or writers. It all depends on what people are doing. I don't flip out over someone just walking down the street or in a magazine doing nothing, it's gotta be in the context of their life. What they're wearing tells a story about what they're doing,
I like people wearing their art."

Truman Capote, Edie Sedgwick, Don Van Vliet (who she is "endlessly fascinated by") and Guy Picciotto from Fugazi are people to her who have a lot of style.

"To me, someone walking down the street in head to toe Gucci says to me they have no imagination and lots of money. That's not blowing my mind," she says.
"It's more about who you are rather than what you wear.
Your personality's gotta be bigger than your outfit."
Umm.. can this girl be any more flipping rad?!?!

I will be (not so) patiently waiting for a chance to see her on stage again!